Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Welcome from Ken

Welcome to A Jesuit Guide to Adventure!  This idea popped into my head during my annual 8-day silent retreat on the beautiful bluffs in Minnesota.  I passed it by a couple of friends who thought it was worthwhile.  I hope to use this blog to encourage a variety of voices, and not just my own.  Kitzi has kindly said she will co-author the blog and there may be others to join later on.

The goal of this blog is to share some of our own stories of Jesuit spirituality and adventure.  After all, Jesuits have been adventurers and travelers since the beginning--Ignatius sent his best friend Xavier to China just a few years after their founding.  This spirit of adventure has wound its way into my own life in a wonderful and awesome way that has led me to beautiful places and truly spectacular people.  I hope in this blog I can share some of my own experiences, trials and graces, as well as reviews and tips.  My goal is for our posts to offer a variety of reflections, neat places to visit, and things one may need to know to get there.  I would also hope that it inspires you to do your own discernment and traveling, no matter how far or near.  Stories for me are not personal things, but belong to the community.  I share my own stories so that you might make your own to then share them.

You can expect from me posts on a variety of topics--reflections; adventure music and literature; reviews of places; recommendations; and a few helpful tips.  I will try to write in a timely manner, and if unable, ask someone to guest/co-author to fill in some of the wait.  We do ask patience as we get the blog up and running, but we hope it will be a valuable resource in your own discernment and adventuring.

No comments:

Post a Comment